October 5, 2011

Fall makeup obsessions


I have a minor makeup obsession. I can literally spend hours in a makeup store just admiring all the beautiful colors and fun new products. It's just so pretty! And this season, I can't keep my eyes off of:
  • Dramatic lash. All my life I've wanted Bette Davis Eyes. At first it was because that song rules but then I realized that Bette Davis' eyes are beyond gorgeous. And I plan on mastering the look this fall. (Image)
  • Burgundy lip. I'm a huge fan of lipstick, and though it requires a ton of maintenance, if you're not planning on eating or drinking or kissing, there's no better way to add major drama. (Image)
  • Gold eyes. This definitely reminds me of makeup I had in middle school -- in the best kind of way. With a high bun, some nude lips, and tons of mascara, gold liner can be chic. (Image)

Hey, at least makeup is cheaper than clothes!  

6 comments:

  1. LOVE that picture with the teal eyeliner. Have you tried Mac's Fluidline? I have it in "Jadeye" -- I think it's super close to the picture -- and it goes on really easily and looks awesome! It's cheaper than Elizabeth Arden, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've used a green-ish eye liner before. It looked HOT. This reminds me that I need to go get some more, since my pencil is just a little stub now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just remembered I have a pic of my Mac liner! http://www.rawphotodesign.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/boston-ma-engagement-photos-014.jpg SO close to the same color, right?! (I was also wearing lime green eyeshadow, though, which may have tinted it a bit.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your eyes are seriously perfect in that photo -- I should've included it in this mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lately I've definitely been rocking the dramatic lash and dark lips. It's just so easy!!

    ReplyDelete