November 15, 2011

Cranberry sauce perfection

I promise this is delicious.
Thanksgiving is right around the corner and I'm hosting for the fourth year in a row. I love it -- it's so much fun to prepare such a big meal (OK there are only 5 of us but that's big for me!) and not having to travel is complete bliss. I'm not the world's greatest cook -- baking is definitely more my style -- but I do have T-day down to a science.

I recently perfected my cranberry sauce recipe and highly recommend trying it -- even if it looks like mush in the photo and you swear you hate cranberries. It's super sweet and has a jam-like texture.

I'm actually tempted to try it on toast.


Best cranberry sauce EVER*

Ingredients
  • 16 ounces of cranberries
  • 1/2 cup orange juice
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 2 cups brown sugar
Directions
  1. Pick through the cranberries. (Honestly, I have no idea what this means but every single cranberry recipe I've ever seen makes this the first step. So there you go.)
  2. Combine all the ingredients in a large pot. Bring to boil.
  3. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes (I like to simmer mine extra long so that it's super mushy -- but it's up to you!)
  4. Let cool.
*According to me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment