I've decided to run at least one race every month this year (except for January -- but we don't talk about January).
I'm pretty excited since it's a fun way to take my running to the next level. I started the goal on the right foot (pun intended) by running a 5-miler in Cambridge this past Super Bowl Sunday. It was freezing at the start (hence why I'm sitting in my car in that top photo) but it was the perfect precursor to a day of gorging.
Here's my tentative schedule for the rest of 2012 (I'm still looking for a few races so suggestions are much appreciated!):
February 5: Super Sunday 5 miler in CambridgeDone!
- March 18: Historic Quincy's Half Marathon (registered)
- April 15: B.A.A 5K (registered)
- May 27: John Kelley Half Marathon in Hyannis (registered)
- June 24: B.A.A 10K
- September: Husky Big Dog 5K
- October 7: Mohawk-Hudson River Marathon in Schenectady, NY