July 5, 2012

The wine making process

Before this past weekend, I visited vineyards twice: once as a child and once on an awesome assignment for Boston.com. Needless to say I never really got to experience tastings to the fullest. That all changed in the Hamptons where I drank my weight in wine. But it's not just the booze that's great -- it's the entire atmosphere. Wine making is an art and I loved seeing all the behind the scenes action.

Pictured from top to bottom: 
Peconic Bay Winery / baby grapes / steel barrel for fermenting wine / machine for bottling wine / bottles of wine at Bedell Cellars / wine shelf / wine glasses





3 comments:

  1. I've been to a lot of wineries and I have no idea how wine is made. Obviously I've been paying attention and not getting wasted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We should go to a vineyard sometime. For realzies. Book club goes to the vineyard?????

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in kind of a whiny mood so: I waaaannaaaaa gooooooo. Going to a winery is definitely on my bucket list. :)

    ReplyDelete