September 23, 2011

Fall to-do list (because I'm a nerd and I like lists)


{source}
Part of the reason I started this blog was because I wanted to get the most out of the seasons -- appreciate each one to the fullest. So in keeping with that goal, here are a ten things I want to do this fall (i.e., before it starts snowing):

  1. Go for a walk on the beach. There's something super romantic and cozy about bundling up and walking along the water in chilly weather. (Plus dogs are allowed.)
  2. Finish the NYC marathon. Ideally in one piece, but after months of training -- and several brutal long runs in heat and high humidity -- I'll take what I can get. 
  3. Decorate the house. Glittery skulls, pumpkin trees, and apple-spiced candles are just a few of things I plan on surrounding myself with in the coming months.
  4. Wear teal eyeliner. Or metallic eyeshadow. Or any other crazy fall makeup trend before it goes out of style.  
  5. Pick my own apples -- and pumpkins. Bonus if there's a hayride. And a haunted house.
  6. Take a trapeze class. My awesome friend Jennifer bought us Groupons for my birthday and I can't wait for the two of us to fly through the air with the greatest of ease.
  7. Order Felipe’s Hot Chocolate at Crema Cafe. Then walk around Harvard Square in boots, a leather jacket, and a fabulous scarf. My definition of Boston chic.
  8. Hike up a mountain. Or just a really large hill. Somewhere with awesome leaf peeping.
  9. Find a silly (yet super hot) Halloween costume. And party it up like I'm in college. (Hey, I'm only 25. I can still get away with it!)
  10. Bake an apple pie with a lattice crust -- from scratch. So Martha Stewart. And so Alex.
What's on your autumn to-do list?

Happy first day of fall!

4 comments:

  1. Love it. And Crema Cafe sounds delicious right about now. Plus, there's a Second Time Around in Harvard Square :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um first, obsessed with that photo, I totally want to recreate it. And I loove your list, especially walking along the beach in the fall- it's my favorite time to do so weirdly enough!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy crap, it's the first day of fall?! Damn you, Atlanta! I wore shorts last night! Anywho, SO cool that you're doing a trapeze class! So Carrie Bradshaw! (/Bridget Marquardt)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this list. I may steal it.

    ReplyDelete