- Go for a walk on the beach. There's something super romantic and cozy about bundling up and walking along the water in chilly weather. (Plus dogs are allowed.)
- Finish the NYC marathon. Ideally in one piece, but after months of training -- and several brutal long runs in heat and high humidity -- I'll take what I can get.
- Decorate the house. Glittery skulls, pumpkin trees, and apple-spiced candles are just a few of things I plan on surrounding myself with in the coming months.
- Wear teal eyeliner. Or metallic eyeshadow. Or any other crazy fall makeup trend before it goes out of style.
- Pick my own apples -- and pumpkins. Bonus if there's a hayride. And a haunted house.
- Take a trapeze class. My awesome friend Jennifer bought us Groupons for my birthday and I can't wait for the two of us to fly through the air with the greatest of ease.
- Order Felipe’s Hot Chocolate at Crema Cafe. Then walk around Harvard Square in boots, a leather jacket, and a fabulous scarf. My definition of Boston chic.
- Hike up a mountain. Or just a really large hill. Somewhere with awesome leaf peeping.
- Find a silly (yet super hot) Halloween costume. And party it up like I'm in college. (Hey, I'm only 25. I can still get away with it!)
- Bake an apple pie with a lattice crust -- from scratch. So Martha Stewart. And so Alex.
Happy first day of fall!