September 26, 2011

Monday mashup: incomplete

This past weekend was hot and humid, which made for an extremely uncomfortable 18 miler Saturday morning that completely knocked me out and messed up my schedule. I spent the rest of the day rehydrating, eating carbs, and watching cheesy awesome movies instead of doing anything semi-productive.

Determined to get something accomplished, I woke up early Sunday and baked two different types of muffins (recipes tomorrow) before heading to the suburbs for craft supplies and cheap dishware. I was hoping to finish up the dining room chairs I started last week -- but the store was out of Lagoon spray paint ...  yet again. So instead I began a project from my fall to-do list  -- glitter and gold skulls a la Glitter and Goat Cheese -- but I completely misjudged the drying time and was only able to paint the top halves of the heads and veggies.

Sigh.

Anyone else feel like the weekend was just too short?!

3 comments: