October 20, 2011

Awkward and Awesome Thursday

Awkward pose. (The owl earrings from Forever 21, however, are awesome.)
Awesome cow train.
Awkwardly awesome ... or awesomely awkward?

Awesome. Just awesome.

I've always wanted to do an Awkward and Awesome roundup -- especially because Miss Sydney over at The Daybook is one of my inspirations for starting this blog. And today seemed like a good day to participate since a.) awkwardness followed me around like whoa this week and b.) I've seriously been struggling on the creative/writing front.


I've officially diagnosed myself with marathon brain.

Awkward
  • This morning on my run I saw a woman peeing on the side of the trail. And then I saw her bare bum as she pulled up her pants. I don't know if she thought she was in a secluded area of the park (she definitely was NOT) or if she just didn't really care. Oh and to add to the uncomfortableness of seeing a naked ass in public at 7 a.m., I had to run past her -- there was no other way for me to get home. You can bet I sprinted that final mile. 
  • People that walk/run too close behind you. Dude -- either pass me or slow down. You're creeping me out. And being super annoying.
  • Being the only adults without children on the hayride. Did we miss the memo? 
  • Me secretly not-so-secretly wishing that we took the cow train the entire time.
  • Adult acne.
  • When one of  your dogs pees on the chair in the vet's office. And the other one jumps on her coffee table.
  • Simultaneously falling up the stairs, breaking your umbrella, AND ruining your big bun. In front of a crowded T station.  
  • Going to Kmart with Jack. 
Awesome
  • The cooler temps. Fall rulez.
  • Making time for a random weekday bubble bath
  • My acne meds are working! Yay!
  • The DIY project I have planned for this weekend. Shockingly it does NOT involve glitter OR gold. (Yet.)
  • The fact that I only have to run 13 miles this Saturday.
  • Homemade fudge.  
  • Going to Kmart with Jack.

Check out all the Awkward and Awesome links on The Daybook.

5 comments:

  1. I thought this was super cute and there were some points where I said "Aw" during the Awkwards, and then I got to Awkward: Going to Kmart with Jack, and I inexplicably started hysterically laughing. WHY DO I FIND THIS SO FUNNY?!

    Sigh. IT'S THURSDAYYYY!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha because you've met Jack so you can picture why it would be awkward with him in Kmart?! Yet awesome. It was s very conflicting 15 minutes.

    THURSDAY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha I love how you did this with photos!! I am so very sorry about the naked bum at 7 am. That can certainly ruin a day!

    ps. I attempted wearing my hair in a big bun today and thought of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HA to the naked bum.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck on your run! I just completed my first marathon in a few weeks ago-- it was intense but so worth it {One of the best worst experiences I've ever had!} :)

    ReplyDelete