October 13, 2011

Ironically sexy Halloween costumes

I think some of these costumes are so bad that they're good. Just imagine the following conversation:
"So what are you going to be for Halloween."
"Me? Oh you know -- a sexy banana."

 A sexy banana! It's genius!

It shows that you're hot AND that you have a sense of humor.

And what's more sexy than that?
  1. Chinese Take Out Box ($47.99) Chinese Take Out is definitely not considered sexy unless it resembles this costume.
  2. Marvin the Martian ($47.99) It looks like Marvin's eyes end up directly on your breasts, which I feel could lead to many awkward staring contests.
  3. Cookie Monster ($42.34) This one is borderline disturbing since it's actually a children's character. In this costume's defense, though, it's not actually a sexy Cookie Monster -- it's a sassy Cookie Monster (according to the label).
  4. Husky ($128.95) If I could afford it, I would be a sexy Husky in a heartbeat. Just check out those awesome boot covers! (Similar styles on the sexy polar bear and the sexy skunk.) Disclaimer: real husky dog not included.
  5. Sexy Skeleton ($39.99) My friends and I have been talking about this costume since last Halloween. It glows in the dark and it's a body suit. Need I say more?
  6. Luigi ($34.99) In retrospect, this one isn't that ironic since Luigi is super sexy -- clearly the best Mario Bros. (His jumps rule.)
  7. Banana ($69.96) Watch the video. It's very ... "a-PEELing." (I so wish I could take credit for that pun.)
  8. Gold Credit Card ($49.95) How easy is this to DIY?!
  9. Watermelon ($61.95) I can't get over the sexy fruit selection. It's so ridiculously awesome! I mean, this watermelon has a bite mark. Guarantee you'll get at least a dozen "You look good enough to eat" comments.


So it's pretty obvious I'm a fan of ironic sexiness -- but what do you guys think?


P.S. -- I would just like to point out that Yandy.com has the greatest selection of ironically sexy Halloween costumes I've ever seen. It's pretty amazing -- they have videos and they have puns and I love it. Definitely check it out. 

P.P.S. --  They did not pay me to say that. Unfortunately, Yandy.com has no idea who I am.

9 comments:

  1. LOLOL I think I need to be the Sexy Chinese Take Out. Because I'm Chinese. And you can take me out? Maybe I'll just stick to the panda...

    But please, for the love of everything, be sexy Luigi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahaha YES!!! Sexy panda is pretty ironic so it still works.

    I'M SO TEMPTED. Or the watermelon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG THIS IS HIALRIOUS! The only semi legit one is Lugi, thanks for the laugh
    xx
    Z

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm only slightly ashamed to say that my friends and I considered the sexy Sesame Street character costumes last year. I'm also only slightly ashamed to admit that I think the husky one is kind of awesome! NU REPRESENT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zoe - I'm glad you share my passion for Luigi. I feel others would argue Mario Bros are NOT considered sexy ... I clearly beg to differ.

    GGC -- Don't worry - Jen and I tried on the Sesame Street costumes as well -- they weren't tight enough.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG Wish they had this "Light Up To Music Robot Costume" two years ago! So much sexier -- and interactive! -- than the box I spraypainted: http://www.yandy.com/Robot-A-Bing-Costume.php

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your spray-painted box was fantastic -- it was just a slight bummer you couldn't move ...

    I say RE-DO this year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha these are so funny...... my husband would never let me wear these in public! haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! This is Sarah from Yandy.com. Thanks for the mentions (and links) in this post. So happy you like us! We definitely know who you are now :)

    ReplyDelete