February 3, 2012

Super Bowl cupcakes

{Via Wilton. Check out the how-to here}
Because of my well-documented love of baking, I was asked to bring dessert to the Puppy Bowl Super Bowl party I'm attending Sunday.  The actual request was for Funfetti cupcakes, making it a pretty easy task. I am, however, hoping to spruce things up with the icing.

Here are a some of the creative football cupcake decorations I've found. (And for those who are being slightly more creative, a few delicious cupcake recipes.)
  1. Chocolate and peanut butter football-shaped truffles. I'm a little bit intimidated by the recipe, but I may try it out.
  2. These football candies are made from Tootsie Rolls -- and the cakes themselves are chocolate with oreo buttercream (sadly, that link doesn't include the recipe but here's a cookies and cream cupcake I've made several times that's insanely good.) 
  3. The double chocolate football cupcakes by the Mini Baker are the most classy looking Super Bowl food I've ever seen (in a none-stuffy, still sporty, boy-approved way.)
  4. The Bakerella got super creative last year with these football cupcakes.
  5. Why not top your cake with some cookies? (I mean, seriously. Why not?!) I love this idea for football gingerbread cookies. 

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!

P.S. -- For those more interested in the Puppy Bowl, here's a picture of my pups celebrating the game last year. 

1 comment:

  1. Welp, I'm drooling. I want all of these. Did you see what Sweet did? http://boston.cbslocal.com/2012/01/27/boston-bakery-makes-sweet-super-bowl-cupcake-treat/

    I want. ALL OF THEM. Toby's really excited to celebrate the Puppy Bowl :)

    ReplyDelete