But for now, I'm busy training for a half marathon in Hyannis at the end of May. I have a semi-crazy time goal in mind (more on that soon), which means I'm pushing myself extra hard and THAT means I need more food.
These little energy ballz are my new favorite post-run snack (washed down with chocolate milk, naturally). They're ridiculously easy to make, super portable, and delicious. It's basically trail mix ingredients thrown in a food processor and rolled into balls. (And by basically I mean literally.)
- 1 cup mixed nuts (or just peanuts!)
- 1 cup dried fruit (I like to use a mixed blend)
- 1 cup chocolate chips (though you could just throw a Hershey's bar in there, probably)
- Throw all ingredients in a food processor. Process.
- Roll into small ballz. (About the size of those bouncy balls you played with as a kid.)
- Put in the fridge to harden -- or just eat.